Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Help Wanted

Does anyone know a proven hack to make long posts appear shorter, so that a reader clicks on it if they want to read more? (Blogger-usable code I mean).

While I am at it, I saw a comment a few days ago on Althouse wherein the author was telling Ann how to link directly to a specific comment within a post that made the browser automatically cursor down to that comment. It had something to do with inserting a "c" in the comment link ID, I think, but I'm not sure, and I can't find that original comment now.

Suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance.

[UPDATE: As you may have noticed, I did find a Blogger-friendly hack but it involves a link to a javascript on another website and I'd prefer to remain self-contained, as it were. Blogspot's "Advanced Blogger Hack" simply doesn't work when I follow their directions.]

No comments: