Friday, February 16, 2007

A Celebration




We are celebrating my dad's life with friends and family tomorrow. While we have no idea how many people will drop by during the afternoon, the weather should be perfect for a drive in a Model A or Early Ford V-8 and we asked friends in the two clubs to bring their cars. My brother, nephew and I spent today polishing my dad's cars, which will be on display in the driveway, as well as "the one that got away," a 1930 Model A Cabriolet that my dad adored but had to sell to a friend to make room for an easier-to-drive '56 Ford coupe.

My sister and sister-in-law have been combing through old family photos all week to post on various displays highlighting different aspects of my dad's life. Many friends have sent us their pictures as well. I've been busy composing the copy that the photos will accompany.

We all know that my dad would have enjoyed a celebration such as this: he would have been thrilled to see 20 or 30 vintage cars parked in front of his house and up and down the street.

2 comments:

chuck b. said...

This must have been a stunningly beautiful day for a drive like this where you are. Bravo!

Randy said...

It was, Chuck. It was. About 100 friends and family were there, and two dozen vintage cars. It turned out to be not only a wonderful day but a wonderful way to celebrate my dad's life.